Last Game (07.01.12):
Indians 6, Orioles 2
WP: Justin Masterson (5-7, 3.92)
LP: Brian Matusz (5-10, 5.42)

Up Next:
Vs. Angels 07.02.12 7:05p

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Quest Called Tribe

Are we sure that Jake Peavy isn't Danny Haren in disguise?  Has anyone ever seen them in the same place at the same time?  Have I slipped into a strange alternate dimension where the same person can exist as two simultaneous individuals?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I hate losing!  I hate it when the offense looks like a pack of blind monkeys flailing for bananas.

I'll try to be coherent for a second.  After a complete inability to find the plate in the first two and a half innings, Justin Masterson allowed just 3 of the last 21 hitters he faced to reach base (BB, 2 H) and two of those were erased on "strike 'em out / thrown 'em out" double plays.  19 of Masterson's first 39 pitches were outside of the zone, but he missed with just 22 more during a 115 pitch effort that rendered his 3rd career complete game (8 IP, 5 H, R/ER, 2 BB, 8 K) and first of the season.  Justin has pitched more than well enough to earn his 6th victory in three of his four May starts, yet he remains winless for the month.  Still, I'll take the CG in my fantasy league.

Travis Hafner sat again with yet another in a litany of injuries.  He has sore ribs on his right side and will be re-evaluated tomorrow/today.

Yah, that's all I've got.  This here is a nice piece on Josh Tomlin, though.

I really hate losing.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment